Sunday, October 14, 2012

My sweetest Texas cowgirl

What Mae Ling say about her session:
"I’m Mae Ling and I’m from Texas, U.S.A. I’m a nutrition major (dietetics track) at Texas State University and I’m hoping to become a registered dietitian one day! I love playing sports and exercising, so you’ll usually see in me in a tank top, athletic shorts, and running shoes. However, when I have time, my sense of style is quite girly. I’m a big fan of bodycon dresses, high waist skirts and belts, flirty tops, stilettos, and who could forget my cowgirl boots!

I had such an amazing time working with Ita, Laurence, and Ayla who are all close friends of mine! Ita is one of a kind and is such a beautiful person on the inside and out. Her personality lights up any room that she walks into and her sense of style is superb! I really loved how she was able to spice up my wardrobe by incorporating just a few new pieces. I think one of the reasons why she is such a great stylist and friend is because of her gift of being a good listener. Before she went to pick out pieces for me, Ita thoroughly examined my wardrobe and listened to me explain my sense of style. She understood what kind of clothes I liked and didn’t like, and didn’t try to completely change my look. She picked out pieces that fit my style, but her choices were a bit edgier & flattered my body more. My favorite outfit was the black and white bustier she paired with my white polka-dot navy blue pleated skirt and vintage double-strap leather belt. I would have never thought to pair together such contrasting prints, but I loved the finished look! The lovely and talented photographers, Laurence and Ayla, are some of my best friends and I had so much fun working with them too! Even though we joked around a lot throughout the photo shoot, they were very professional and produced such beautiful work! I want to give a big thank you to all three of you gorgeous ladies for this memorable experience!"
 
Shoes: Vintage, skirt: Vintage, belt: Vintage, top: H&M, necklace: Sfera, bracelet: Vintage

Model: Mae Ling
Photographer: Laurence C. & Kuang Shu Yi
Fashion stylist: Yoanita Tahalele

No comments:

Post a Comment